Sunday, December 19, 2010

The Guitar of 100 Strings

It's that time of year again- no, I don't mean Thanksgiving. I don't mean Christmas or New Year's. I mean it's time to start getting ready for the 2nd annual San Diego Experimental Guitar Show. This year I have been asked to perform as a member of the quartet League of Assholes along with Marcelo Radulovich, Esteban Flores, and Peter Graves. To this end I have been busy in my workshop creating The Guitar of 100 Strings. Here are some photos of the progress so far:
Of course, as of yet, I've only managed to fit 12 strings on there ...88 more to go. I have 23 lined up to be added, but still need 65 more strings. If you happen to change the strings on your guitar anytime in the near future please save the old ones for me. Already Guitar Trader in San Diego, and Bob Jones of Desperation Squad have made contributions to this important work of Sound Art. Here is your chance to be a part of history- donate your old, busted guitar strings to M.J. Stevens today!

No comments:

Post a Comment